ABOUT THE INSPECTOR
InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)® Rick Kast
Home Inspector and Master Carpenter
Rick Kast, the owner/operator of Red Mill Home Inspection, has spent 40+ years working in residential and commercial construction. During this time, he achieved the rank of Master Carpenter and also earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Civil Technology from Westchester Community College. He now works as a home inspector because he likes being able to put people’s minds at ease by giving them the information they need to make a wise home purchase.
Hobbies and Local Volunteering
Rick is an avid outdoorsman who loves spending his spare time fishing, camping, and hunting. He’s also involved with two charity volunteer organizations.
- United for the Troops – Sending care packages to troops overseas.
- Boy Scouts – Helps with properties and maintanance. He is also a Eagle Scout mentor.
Licensed New York & Connecticut Home Inspector
Home Inspector Qualifications
Rick is dedicated to being as knowledgeable as possible about every aspect of inspection homes. He’s combined his 40+ years of construction experience with the most distinguished home inspection educational courses in the country.
- New York Home Inspector License #16000074829.
- Connecticut Home Inspector License #HOI 0000836.
- InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®.
- Member of the NY Metro ASHI Board of Directors.
- Education Chairman of the NY Metro ASHI.
- NY Certified Home Inspector Continuing Education Instructor – NY, NJ, & CT.
- NRSB (National Radon Safety Board) #19SS010.
- NADRA Certified Deck Inspector.
- ASHI Member #261854.
- InterNACHI Member #15060332.
- Certified Commercial Building Inspector.
- Environmental Assessment Association.
- Environmental Solutions Association.
- IAC2 Certified Mold and Radon Inspector.
Rick’s InterNACHI Qualifications
Becoming an InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ® is one of the industry’s highest measures of excellence. Rick takes pride in being an active InterNACHI member, and he always attends more annual continuing education courses than are required by the State of New York. He also strictly adhere to InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Here’s a partial record of the InterNACHI courses Rick has attended:
Our Home Inspection Reports
You will receive a copy of your home inspection report via email within 24 hours. This high-quality format makes it easy and convenient to read, print, and share your report, as needed. All of our web-based reports are backed up on secure servers.